Amy and I went home this weekend, and took Davis and Cooper. It was so much fun! Davis is really interested in everything Cooper does. He watches his every move, and wants to play with him so badly. But, he's too little. Mom and Dad had a Sigma Chi reunion in Starkville Friday and Saturday night, so Amy and I just relaxed, looked at old pictures and caught up which was nice. Saturday afternoon, Dad finally got us to take pictures of Davis on the "old" tractor. Cooper was too scared even though the tractor wasn't even running! ha! This tractor is really, really old. It has been at our farm for many, many years. It was my grandfather's. It is from the 1940s, and Dad decided he would get it up and running??? So, he had someone do a little work on it, he painted it, and it runs!! I don't think he has any intentions of using it because he already has a tractor that he uses here and there. Anyway, it's really special because it was Davis's great-grandfather's (Kellogg) tractor. I would give anything if Davis and Michael could've known him. What a wonderful, generous man he was--full of wisdom and integrity. It's hard to believe it's been 11 years this month since he passed away. . . .
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment