Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Aspen Trip. . . .




Michael and I got back Sunday from our ski trip with Eric, Laurie, and Jared. We had a great time skiing and lounging in the heated pool and of course laughed until we couldn't! It's always great to get back to Colorado and to see the beautiful scenery. The laid back lifestyle isn't so bad either! We had great weather except for one day. It was literally a blizzard, and on the mountain they got close to 2 feet of snow and at least a foot at the base. Needless to say, I went up for a couple of runs that morning and when the snow hitting my face started feeling like needles, I came in. I went to shop around in Aspen instead. The weather wasn't good for that either! Then on Friday night, with one more day of skiing left, I got sick. Saturday was the most beautiful day so I forced myself to go to the top of the mountain and ski down just to see how I felt. Big mistake. I made Michael stop mid-way down at a slope-side restaurant to take a break. Finally I skied back to the condo and crashed. We thought I just had a bad sinus infection due to the altitude, but when we got back to B'ham on Sunday, I had a temp. of 102!!! Yep, I had the flu. I think I got it on the airplane ride going out. I constantly use germ-x and wipe down shopping carts etc., so the nasty airplane has to be it! Michael put me on everything possible including Tamiflu (a miracle drug), and finally, today I'm starting to feel like I'm going to make it. I just have no energy, but I feel sooo much better. I finally got to hold Davis today for the first time in over a week!! Still haven't been able to kiss him, though. It's killing me! Oh, and he had one more tooth to show us when we got back home. Anyway, thank you Laurie, Eric and Jared for a great, great time, and thank you Mom for a great babysitting job.

0 comments: